Friday, March 22, 2013

Messenger Bag Project


I carry a small messenger bag from timbuk2 that I bought last year.  I use it as my purse and I love it, but frankly, I was getting tired of the "look" and thinking I'd like a newer one.  Unfortunately, I'm a little strapped financially and those bags are expensive!  So, I decided to start looking around for a pattern to make one.  

There are tons of patterns online that can be had for free, but the best one I found was at mmmcrafts  It looked nice, didn't seem too complicated and I decided to go for it.

I ended up spending more on fabric than I wanted to, but that's only because I went to the pricier fabric store.  I thought about getting some old jeans and up-cycling them, but since I had not done this before, decided to go with new fabric to make it less complicated. 

I cut out the pieces last night and then got up this morning raring to go!  It took me about 3 1/2 hours but I can honestly say I enjoyed every minute of it!  I was really happy with how it turned out--take a look!


I made this one a bit on the small side, so I suspect I will make another one that is a little bit larger.  Maybe I'll even get adventurous and try using old jeans the next time.  Anyway, I'm really loving this one!


I love making jewelry, too!  You can see some of my creations available for purchase at DaisyLu Designs!  You're sure to find something just right for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave your comments and questions here.