Monday, March 25, 2013

Crocheted Baby Blanket

I love to crochet.  I really do.  I find that I can listen to someone talk or watch a TV show or wait at the dentist office much more easily if my hands are busy.  Over the years I've made hats, scarves, dish cloths, afghans, vests, etc., etc., etc.

My most recent project was a baby blanket that I made for a friend who is expecting her first baby in May.  I've made several baby blankets using a different pattern, but I found one on ravelry.com that I just fell in love with.  I had to try it. The link to the pattern is here.

The first one I made was for another friend who recently had her second child.  I made hers in an apple/lime green to go with an alligator motif she had in the baby's room.  It turned out really cute.  Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of it in full length, but here is the baby enjoying his new blankie.



The most recent one is an orange/peach color with a little bit of the green from the last one on the border to add a little interest.


The thing I love about this blanket is that it is soft and thick.  I may make myself a full sized afghan one of these days with this stitch.

Once the baby is born I'll try to get a photo of him/her with the blanket!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave your comments and questions here.