Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Everyone!


I hope your Christmas celebration was wonderful and that you got the opportunity to spend time with family and friends.   If you did not, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas anyway.  

Christmas gift giving was a little toned down this year due to financial "tightness" but I think it was the best one yet!  We had a wonderful dinner with our kids, our new son-in-law, and my in-laws, whom I love dearly.  We got some nice gifts and watched movies and just enjoyed each others' company.  My husband cooked the big meal which is a major blessing to me!  As I write this, I'm enjoy a cup of coffee made with my new coffee maker, a gift from Mom, Dad, and Santa!

I was especially happy to see that some friends of our, Brian and Liz, got to enjoy a wonderful Christmas Day with their young family.  You see, Brian was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor and underwent neurosurgery about 2 weeks ago.  He is still in the hospital as he recuperates and is preparing to start chemo therapy and radiation to combat the remainder of the tumor.  He and Liz have 3 small children, ages 7, 5, and 3, so it was very important to them to have a nice time for the kids.  They got to stay in a special "Inn" room at the hospital (paid for anonymously by some kind soul--wish I could know who so I could hug them!) and they had such a wonderful day that their oldest said she'd like to do it again next year!  (Don't think Mommy wants that!)  Please keep this young family in your prayers.  They have a long road ahead of them medically and will need a lot of support, both spiritually and in other ways.  We love them dearly!

I huge surprise for me was the email I got yesterday saying that I had won a $1,000 gift card in the Christmas Day drawing at Shipwreck Beads in Lacey, Washington!  I was sure it was a scam, but they provided a number to call and today I called.  It is REAL!  I have never won anything like that before--ever!  This will take my jewelry making to a whole new level!  To have that much money to spend on supplies is like putting a kid in a candy store for me!  I have to wait a few days before I start ordering because I'm in such shock I can't even figure out what I want to get!  Thank you Lord!  This is just the "shot in the arm" my new jewelry business needs!

Well, that's about it for today.  Again, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas or a Happy Holiday!  Peace on Earth!  Good will to men!

Looking for that special something for yourself now 
that Christmas is past?  
Check out DaisyLu Designs for that special something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave your comments and questions here.