Sunday, August 19, 2012

This thing called life...

Wow--what a weekend.  In some ways I feel like I experienced a little bit of everything in terms of life events.

First, my husband and I attended the life celebration service of his cousin who passed away recently.  She was only 60 and left a very loving, large family behind.  She battled cancer and gave it a good fight.  She is in heaven now and I'm sure is pain free at last.

On the tails of the service, we went to the home of my brother- and sister-in-law with the rest of the family and had a great time catching up and having fun.  New bonds were established and old ones were repaired.  It is my hope that these new bonds will be allowed to grow strong over the years.

Up next was the news that my stepdaughter and her fiance "jumped the broom" while away visiting her mother.  We had been planning on a January wedding, but they were just too anxious to get started and went ahead with the nuptials without us.  We were very disappointed not to be there for the ceremony, but wish them well and hope they will have a long and blessed marriage.

Finally, I found out that a friend is due to have a second child early next year.  This wasn't a total surprise (I knew she'd have another one sometime!) but given the events of this weekend, seemed kind of nice way to wrap up the "circle of life".

So, a death, a reunion, a new marriage, a new life.  All are significant events in the life of any person, anywhere in the world.  I don't care who you are or where you live, you can relate to all of these events if you have lived a few years.  The common denominator for all of these things for us this weekend  was love and family.  I guess when you get right down to it, those are really the important things, aren't they?  The Lord made us to be in relationships with each other and with Him.  We don't always get to have the events of those relationships happen when we want them to or exactly how we want them to, but when things go right, they really go right.  And sometimes even when things go wrong, a few blessings come out of it.

I'm rambling...my feelings and thoughts are in a jumble, but I just know that in all of this, the Lord is smiling.


Check DaisyLu Designs for handcrafted jewelry and crochet items for the perfect gift for that special someone or yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave your comments and questions here.