Saturday, June 30, 2012

Photography


I just added some more items to my Etsy page, and I have to say that for me, getting the photos right is more challenging than creating the jewelry!

I am still learning about getting good photos and don't have a lot of knowledge about lighting, f-stops (whatever those are) etc., so I just kind of have to experiment.  I did find that using my husband's tripod made a huge difference in the number of retakes due to blurry photos.  I also am finding that a plain white background is typically best for getting a good clean shot.

Today I experimented with putting some flowers in the photos--in most cases just a corner of the photo.  I really liked how the end products look.  Having the flower in there really adds that "something" to the shot.  I'm not sure what else I might end up using, but I'll experiment.  Below are a couple of examples of the difference having the flower made.



I don't know what it is, but it just makes it look a bit more "special"!  I'll have to start keeping my eyes open for cool stuff to include that won't detract from the item I'm actually trying to sell.

It's really neat having this Etsy shop.  I haven't made a sale yet, but I know I will!  I just have to be patient and keep promoting.  I'm having a great time making items to put in it, so that is probably the most important part!

As always, come on over to my shop, DaisyLu Designs and see what is available!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave your comments and questions here.