Sunday, September 5, 2010

So, I've started a blog...

So I got the idea yesterday to start a blog.  I have to admit, my reasons were initially financial.  Like most everyone else, things are getting kind of tight financially and I was reading an article in a thrift magazine about ways to make money by blogging.  I was kind of intrigued with the idea...wow could I actually do that?  I guess some people end up writing for magazines and what not and others make just SCADS of money having ads on their blogs, but somehow I seriously doubt I will get rich that way.

Nevertheless, I continued to think about it.  Finally I figured "why not?"   I figure if nothing else, it will give me an outlet to vent with.  Besides, with my family situation, there's no lack of things to tell about.  Maybe no one will read this blog or maybe someone will read it and find it entertaining.  Either way, I get to benefit, so, I decided to jump in.

I guess I should start by describing my living situation.  I was married to someone and had two lovely children with him, but things went sour and we ended up divorcing.  About two years later I met someone else and we started dating.  We fell in love and decided to get married.  We combined our households and now we have four (yes four) teenagers, 3 cats, and 2 dogs.  Two of the teens are high school seniors, one is a high school junior, and one is in the 8th grade.  Two girls, two boys.  To say that we have drama around here is an understatement.

I think what I'm going to do is post kind of a journal of what goes on in my life.  Hopefully readers won't be bored out of their skulls.

Today is Saturday, and it was fairly quiet because my husband and step son are at a "swap meet".  For those who don't know what that is, it's basically a huge yard sale held by the entire town.  The one they are at happens to be in Packwood, Wa.  I feel quite certain that my husband will come home with some interesting and some useless "stuff".  He love to go to these things.  I go with him sometimes, but I get frustrated because I'm looking for a good deal, and he is looking for cool stuff.  We have lots of "cool stuff" (including a wall hanging of a chiropractor's emblem) in our house.  Sometimes I think one of those reality show junk pickers would have a blast at our house.

Anyway, so today was quiet.  I slept in till 9:00, took a shower and fed the dogs.  I made banana muffins from scratch (they were good!) and hollered at my daughter, the 8th grader,  to wake up.    My son (senior high schooler) came home from his shift at the high school radio station, and we left to pick up the lawn mower from the repair shop.  Before we left at 11:30 am, I hollered again at the 8th grader (I'll call her RJ) to be up by the time we got back.  She was not.  She eventually did get up at 12:30.  Geez, kids sure can sleep!

I had to go to the grocery store so after lunch I went and over-spent by about $40.  I hauled the groceries home, got the kids to help bring them in, and realized there were several things missing.  I had to go back to the store to get the bag of groceries that did not make it into my cart.  I HATE when that happens! 

After the store I took a nap--I LOVE naps.  Then I fixed dinner (tacos) went for a walk (I'm fat and trying to lose weight but haven't succeeded in years) and then came back and watched "Hurt Locker".  Interesting movie, but I'm glad I didn't pay $10 to see it.  While watching the movie I worked on a blanket I'm crocheting for a friend's baby.  Then I got up to check facebook and start this blog.

So, nothing especially interesting happened today. But that was because it was quiet....I like that!  Tomorrow my husband comes home so things may revv up a bit. 

Ooh some drama!  RJ just came down saying her jaw hurts and she can't open or close or mouth.   Classic case of TMJ.  I remember having that as a kid.  I guess its a byproduct of having braces.  When I was a kid I told my orthodontist about it and all he said was "stop kissing so much".  Jerk.  Now they know its real.  Anyway, her mouth works now  (darn).

Well, its waaay past my bedtime, so I'll quit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave your comments and questions here.