Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Maid service

What is it with kids thinking that their dishes will be automatically cleaned up for them?  I guess its because I do clean up after them a lot, but darn, I don't like looking at the mess and everyone seems to disappear or proclaim innocence when it's time to clean up. 

Last night before I went to bed, I picked ALL the dishes in the living, straightened everything, and turned off the lights.  Half an hour after I went to bed, my step daughter comes in and turns on the tv.  Then I hear people in the kitchen (It's 11:00 at night mind you).  Well, guess what I found when I came down this morning?  An empty jug of milk and a dish with a peach pit on the coffee table in the living room, and various cups and glasses on the kitchen counter next to the dishwasher.  What is up with that?  I usually don't, but this morning I left a nasty note saying to CLEAN UP YOUR MESS!!  Is it too much to ask for people to clean up their dishes and put them in the dishwasher?  Apparently it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please leave your comments and questions here.